Originally posted by Drew View Post
    No argument here. I am a big fan.

LET'S GO TECH!!!!!!!!
    Damn straight no argument.
    hahaha.
    LETS GO TECH!!!

Comment

Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:30 AM

After attending a Booster Club Board of Directors meeting last knight, we stopped at the relatively new WalMart store just outside of Potsdam on Route 11 to pick up a few items.

Much to our delight, three Clarkson Golden Knights were volunteering as bellringers for the Salvation Army. As we deposited a contribution into the little red kettle, we had a chance to visit with Chris D'Alvise and Adam Bellows...Dan Reed had just gone inside the store for a minute. Chris and Adam were very optimistic about the remainder of the season. They are looking forward to the trip out to Bowling Green, and they expect nearly all of the Golden Knights will be healthy and ready to begin the remainder of the season. Chris scored two of the three Clarkson's goals against Colgate on Saturday, and I think Adam Bellows always plays well defensively.

Obviously, one key to success for this injury-riddled team is to stay healthy. Actually, I never remember a season with so many of the Golden Knights sidelined because of injuries.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING! LET'S GO TECHERS....ON TO TWO VICTORIES AT BOWLING GREEN.

Comment

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
          Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
          If the Germans had planes long range enough to bomb Pearl Harbor, it would've been over.

Comment

Goldie's comment about the going getting tough and the tough getting going reminded me of John Belushi in Animal House... it's a quote from there :P

Comment

DaredevilCU,

Thanks, even Goldie didn't know the origin of that quote.

But I think it has a great deal of meaning.

I have developed additional confidence in our Golden Knights, and I do believe they will soon exhibit a turnaround, which will take them out of the proverbial funk.

KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS.

Comment

Goldie's comment about the going getting tough and the tough getting going reminded me of John Belushi in Animal House... it's a quote from there :P
                "Forget it, he's on a roll."

Comment

"I'd listen to him...he's Pre-Med."
                  Rich S

Comment

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - my favorite Animal House Quote because of its personal relevance.

Today I go through life slightly overweight, buzzed and not too dumb.
                    Remember, the above is just an opinion!

Let's go Tech!!!!

Comment

I don't think "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" comes from animal house... it's just there. I was waiting for someone to follow it up with the right answer, thanks Todd.

"Germans?"
                      "Forget it, he's rolling."

Comment

"Germans?"
                        Japanese!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Japanese!!!
                          Go watch Animal House until you believe the Germans actually did bomb Pearl Harbor.

Comment

Go watch Animal House until you believe the Germans actually did bomb Pearl Harbor.
                            "Oh boy, is this great!"

Now back to the matter at hand - expectations. Mine have ratchetted down quite a bit. Even if everyone gets healthy for the rest of the season, I worry that the hole that has been dug is a bit too large to get out of, in terms of points and momentum. Funny how coach was concerned about goaltending coming into the season, and that has almost turned out to be the least of his worries.

At this point, I don't know that I'd hold my breath for a trip to Albany in March, tho I dearly hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I thought Niedermayer played for Anaheim - 2 of them in fact!

Comment

Article in the NY Daily News (by the "Rink Rat", previously from CSTV) on the season to date with Guthrie and Mason

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...n_shea_gu.html

Comment

Working...
                                X