No announcement yet.

Canisius @ Clarkson for 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news in this morning's WDT. DeFazio is out with a separated shoulder. There's no prognosis in the article, but that will probably mean we won't see him until 2009.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...s+let+one+slip

Some interesting quotes in the article as well. Bellows' quote I found interesting... kind of makes me wonder if the boys are questioning each other a little bit. Well, our ship is taking on water and Princeton is continuing to impress. Can't think about last night or last week... just go out there and play hard and turn things around.

60 minutes of work will bring home a win. LGT!

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
      Well, I took OT at work and missed tonight's game. It's unfortunate to see that D'Alvise will be out tomorrow night. Any word on Defazio's injury?
      D'Alvise will be in the lineup tonight.

Tough loss. Like Roll said, PP was good and the PK was good and we still found a way to lose.
      Either way, we still had twice as many penalties as the opposition in our own barn. We are getting closer, still not there yet.

LGT!
      2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

I was at the game and from what I saw, our guys hit Lowen's glove over and over again. You can certainly tell that they were trying to beat him glove side, but each time he would whip it out and make the save. What I did see was how Canisus would clog passing lanes, especially over the middle/slot (didn't see any cross ice passes or any cuts to the net in the offensive zone). Even though our guys may have had the puck in the offensive zone most of the night (except for the 5 min major and a 5 on 3), our guys just couldn't find an open shot in the slot. Shots mostly came from the perimeter and often times with no one in front so Lowen could see the puck clearly and usually into his glove. When our guys did get shots from the slot, they were often contested. Couldn't really tell if the last goal was a result of a turnover or a bad bounce. My angle wasn't the greatest and next thing I saw was Canisus bearing down on Karpowich. As usual, need to come out and play a full 60 minutes tonight and stay out of the penalty box.

Comment

Bad news in this morning's WDT. DeFazio is out with a separated shoulder. There's no prognosis in the article, but that will probably mean we won't see him until 2009.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...s+let+one+slip

Some interesting quotes in the article as well. Bellows' quote I found interesting... kind of makes me wonder if the boys are questioning each other a little bit. Well, our ship is taking on water and Princeton is continuing to impress. Can't think about last night or last week... just go out there and play hard and turn things around.

60 minutes of work will bring home a win. LGT!
          I don't usually comment on comments re. my own stories but I saw nothing in what Bellows told me to indicate the team is questioning one another. He was merely asked if the loss was tougher to take because they were 13.8 seconds away from a win and all he said there was that he hoped they were thinking they still had 13.8 seconds left in the game.
          To me, that was a good answer. It meant the game's not over until it hits zero. Honestly I don't see anything in his answer that would imply the team is questioning one another and I was the one who heard him say it.

re. another comment - D'Alvise is not out tonight. He got a game misconduct, not a game disqualification. As far as the referees are concerned, he's eligible to play. That doesn't mean his own staff might sit him, or might not.

Comment

The situation is improving...

I'm beginning to see more good than bad as of late.

The Good
            1. Improvements to the PP and PK units is of critical importance
            2. We are beginning to see improvements in the down-low game - this generally is associated with improved confidence in stick handling under pressure.
            3. Two goals from last night were not due to any individual fault - The 2d goal (off the face off) as well as the GWG in OT are not defensible.
            4. System play has improved
            5. Checking has improved
            6. Improvements on the boards (both forwards and defense)

Opportunities for Improvement.
            1. The Knights need to have the forwards crash the net hard - the forwards need to take it behind the net if the trailers and weak side support are not available (as opposed to taking the perimeter shot with no support in place). This was the Knights hallmark two years ago.

2. Defense: Its more that the defensemen are out of position as they have been jumping up too much in the offense IMO. Roll mentioned specifically last night that he saw noticeable improvements in our defense. I am sure he has stressed the need for system play and it appears to be taken hold.

My gut tells me that we will be working our way out of this very soon so long as individual players do not give up (which I have not seen).

Comment

Saturday, November 29, 2008 3:30 PM

We just returned from a trip to and from Burlington, VT, today and are soon leaving for the game toknight.

I quickly scanned a few recent posts, and to KnightsFan, I say thank you for your positive comments. As badly as we all feel about what has happened to our team, the Golden Knights come to play with positive feelings each game.

It won't be much longer, and I am desperate enough to speculate, fewer than six hours before the Golden Knights will celebrate a victory at Cheel Arena. I no longer feel the "woofing Gods" play any part in Clarkson's control of the game.

KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
                I don't usually comment on comments re. my own stories but I saw nothing in what Bellows told me to indicate the team is questioning one another. He was merely asked if the loss was tougher to take because they were 13.8 seconds away from a win and all he said there was that he hoped they were thinking they still had 13.8 seconds left in the game.
                To me, that was a good answer. It meant the game's not over until it hits zero. Honestly I don't see anything in his answer that would imply the team is questioning one another and I was the one who heard him say it.

re. another comment - D'Alvise is not out tonight. He got a game misconduct, not a game disqualification. As far as the referees are concerned, he's eligible to play. That doesn't mean his own staff might sit him, or might not.
                Thanks Cap. Often you can see the context more than the words themselves. Sometimes when you read something like Bellows said, it can sound in text like he is saying something that he isn't. You were obviously there and heard him say it, so I trust your judgment.

I really don't understand this game misconduct v. game disqualification thing. I understand the two words and what they mean; what I don't understand is how the refs figure out which to give out for a hit from behind. Sometimes it seems like they flip a coin.

Comment

On a major HFB penalty, it is league-mandated that it be accompanied by a game misconduct. If the hit is exceptionally vicious or if there is intent to injure, the ref can upgrade the misconduct to a disqualification.

Comment

Clarkson 2 Canisus 2 Game 2

The Good
                    Break a 6 game losing streak
                    Guthrie gets his first goal of the year

The Not So Good
                    It was a tie.

Totally disappointing weekend. Onward to Cornell and Colgate.
                    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

The gold jerseys were another plus. I had seen the women's team with them; I can't wait to have one!!!

As far as the minuses are concerned, a second knight in a row without b2 coverage. We had it for about 10 minutes at the beginning of the game with no Bob audio (but the ambient sounds of Cheel), then nothing. I know it's cheap, blah, blah, blah, but I paid for EVERY home game and again b2 is disappointing.

Congratulations to the women on winning number 100 in program history and Baribeau (I hope I spelled that correctly) for 4 goals in the effort. After watching the Lightning and Marty St. Louis the other night, seeing the Cats lose is refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                        Dangerous part is, if we lose to this team, all confidence is lost. I'm inclined to close my eyes for this one.
                        I stand by my earlier statement

Comment

Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:30 AM

Oh dear, my prediction for a Golden Knights win didn't quite materialize...but the tie with Canisius certainly seemed like a victory. It was encouraging to see the play of our seniors as they increased their level of intensity, and I thought our defensive corps had improved over the past couple of weeks. Toknight we more than doubled Canisius's shots on goal by outshooting the opposition 36 ~ 17. Believe it or not, the Golden Knights were only assessed three penalties in the entire game, whereas Canisius received five. Even more encouraging was the fact the Golden Knights scored on one of their power plays.

Here are our heroes and their helpers:

1. Shea Guthrie with assists from Bryan Rufenach and Jake Morley

2. Lauri Tuohimma with the assists given to Julien Cayer and Scott Freeman

Missing in action from the line with Lauri Tuohimma and Scott Freeman was Brandon DeFazio, who left Friday's game with a separated shoulder That line had been playing so well together, so we will have wait and see how long Brandon will be out with his injury. We hope your recovery is already progressing, Brandon.

It was great to have Julien Cayer rejoin the team this weekend, as he returned from a concussion suffered during the Yale game on November 8. Julien is a tall and talented left winger, and Clarkson fans welcomed him back into the lineup.

Coach Roll felt the tie was a step forward in the right direction. The entire team seemed to play so much better last knight, and they did not slack off in the second and third periods....allowing Canisius the total of five stingy shots in those final two periods. Personally I was impressed with the goal tending of Richie LaVeau, a freshman from Michigan, who played at Northwood last season. It was a good decision to start Richie in my estimation...hey, why not? The losing steak is at long last broken much to the delight of Clarkson fans.

I continue to be pleased with the play of Bryan Rufenach who earned an assist toknight, as well as a goal and two assists last knight. One would guess that Bryan would receive serious consideration for the ECAC Honor Roll this week.

I have also been watching Mark Borowiecki on defense. His puck-handling skills are commendable, and he seems to anticipate plays very well. In my opinion, Mark's competency level for a freshman is considerably high.

Let's hope last knight's tie is a turning point for our Golden Knights. The effort was unquestionably evident by the team as a whole....a steppingstone for continued improvement in the future.

KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS.
                          Last edited by Goldie Knight; 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

As far as the minuses are concerned, a second knight in a row without b2 coverage. We had it for about 10 minutes at the beginning of the game with no Bob audio (but the ambient sounds of Cheel), then nothing. I know it's cheap, blah, blah, blah, but I paid for EVERY home game and again b2 is disappointing.
                            I apologize for the B2 broadcasts this weekend as you might imagine we were all on vacation an I had a local cover the games, all he did was film he wasn't able to fix any problems. We're working to make the broadcast much better but when all the technicians are home for the holiday we really can't do much troubleshooting. Once again I apologize for the terrible broadcast we are working to fix it.
                            Alex Stout
                            Station Manager
                            Executive Hockey Producer
                            WCKN Television
                            PO 6533
                            Potsdam, NY 13699
                            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X