This is unacceptable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is unacceptable

If you wonder why Chris got a match penalty here is evidence that his actions were warranted (my opinion). He hit the guy that hit him.
    they get 2 min and we get a match. I call busllshit

You can't allow your top players to be handled like this. We need our role players, what ever role they play, to step up.

Clarkson need to PROTECT THEIR OWN
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-30-2008, 12:32 PM.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 12:30 PM

That picture is sickening to look at. The Canisius player is #23 Vincent Scarsella, a sophomore from Lackawanna, NY. Not only does the photograph show Chris being shoved into the boards on a check from behind, but it also apparently shows Chris being attacked by Vincent's stick. Looking at the location of Chris's helmet, it is a wonder he was not seriously injured.

This is just another example of how ridiculous it is to have four officials on the ice....they are often just as pathetic as having three of these pretentious officials on duty.

If that photo is of the same play on Friday knight, when Chris was given a five-minute major, plus a game misconduct, it should be forwarded to the ECAC Commissioner for his interpretation. If it isn't of that same play, then the commissioner should see it anyway because no major penalty ~ game misconduct was ever called against Scarsella.

Was the picture taken by a photographer from the Watertown Times or someone else? The old adage holds true....a picture tells a thousand words!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      If you wonder why Chris got a match penalty here is evidence that his actions were warranted (my opinion). He hit the guy that hit him.
      they get 2 min and we get a match. I call busllshit

Clarkson need to PROTECT THEIR OWN
      It is easy to say players should not retaliate when I sit in the stands, however, he is too valuable for us to have him out of the game.

That being said, in my younger day, I know I probably would have taken someone's head off if they did that to me or mine.

Our muckers need to start mucking.
      2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Appears that we all need to play with a bit more GRIT! Get the noses dirty, play hard, finish the checks.

Talent is overrated, working hard is underrated.

Not sure if having the ECAC Commish will help. Where were the officials from given that these games were non-league tilts.

It sure does look like a hit from behind INTO the boards and perhaps an elbow or butt end...cant tell from the photo.

We'll need to raise our game in Central NY next weekend. Presumably cornell is licking their chops to play a banged up, short handed Tech squad. What better time for us to show what we are made of!

Lets Go Boys!
        Rich S

Comment

Originally posted by Stemmer View Post
          We'll need to raise our game in Central NY next weekend. Presumably cornell is licking their chops to play a banged up, short handed Tech squad. What better time for us to show what we are made of!

Lets Go Boys!
          Right On Stemmer - Cornell showed that they can play with the big boys Saturday knight after getting waxed Friday, so they will be primed and ready. Knights need to raise their game way up from where it's been for the last several - need to play like they did against CC early on, but will be difficult with the injuries - it's gut check time!!

Comment

The picture was taken from North Country Sports.

http://www.northcountrysports.net/

I don't see there being a butt end, however if you look at the picture again you can see that both of D'alvise feet left the ice, you don't get that from diggin in the corners the Canisus player had to have some speed going in when he hit him from behind.

Comment

I look at this picture and I am utterly disgusted.
              Chris is one of their most valued players showing consistency in the last three years. I really dont know what coach Roll is thinking right now. Coach needs to play players like Willemsen, a big solid guy who isnt afraid to hit. Chris is not a fighter whatsoever. If all these teams are willing to legally and in the case, illegally hit, Clarkson must do it aswell.
              This is digusting. Words cant describe how I feel about this.
              Something must be done about this.

Comment

Working...
              X