Clarkson @ Cornell and Colgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson @ Cornell and Colgate

I am inclined to think that the cornell game will be a painful thing to watch. Our offense has been struggling, there defense has been flourishing. They play a lock down defense and very little offense, we play a more run and gun offense with shaky defense.

I would say that Clarkson and Cornell are about even in Goaltending. I have never been impressed by Ben Scrivens, any team that can shoot it high can beat him. Karpowich can hold his own I think, but I may be wrong.

Score 4 goals and we beat Cornell, it's that simple.

Colgate is very beatable. The only team that have beaten that is worth anything is Quinipac. thier non conference wins include Mass-Lowell, Bentley, and Robert Morris.

I think it is realistic to expect 2-3 points this weekend. Beating cornell will be tough, but if we score first to take the Lynah crowd out of it, we have a chance.

I'm going to both, who else is?

I wish I was headed up to Central NY, but I'm working OT on Saturday. I'll go as far to say that if we don't score first against Cornell, we won't win. Colgate is a toss-up. We saw some positives last weekend; let's hope they can continue to build this weekend.

Comment

I think it will be interesting to see how this team reacts to a TRULY hostile environment. I wasn't at RIT/Niagara, but I have a tough time seeing those places as more intimidating or energetic than Lynah. The kick of having that energy though, is it can fire up both teams. Maybe this is a team that can turn that negativity into energy and come out really fired up and ready to win. One thing is for sure, working hard is the only way they have any sort of chance this weekend and the rest of the season.

Comment

Time Warner Sports is showing the game (at least in Central New York), which starts at 3pm.

Comment

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:30 AM

Well, it is surely time to reverse the curse the Clarkson Golden Knights have incurred. Tied for last place, and predicted to lose both games, this would be a perfect time for the Golden Knights to get back to the winning side of life.

LET'S GO TECHERS....BEAT little red TOKNIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dpperk29 View Post
            I think it is realistic to expect 2-3 points this weekend. Beating cornell will be tough, but if we score first to take the Lynah crowd out of it, we have a chance.

I'm going to both, who else is?
            I'm going to Cornell tonight, and I'll be catching the Colgate game on TV tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see at least a point tonight! We could certainly use it.

Comment

I will be attending both games this weekend. I do it every year down here at Cornell and Colgate. This year I'll be in Sect G Row 2 Seats 14 and 15 for the Cornell game . My son and I finally got season tickets (my son is a Cornell Grad and I went to Cornell for graduate school after Clarkson--But I always cheer for the other team unless it is in Clarkson's "better interest" for Cornell to win (it seldom is!). LGT, be fired up tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd '86 View Post
                Time Warner Sports is showing the game (at least in Central New York), which starts at 3pm.
                Todd; I thought toKnight's Cornell game is still at 7 PM. Time Warner will broadcast tomorrow's Colgate game at 3 PM, no? I believe they are braodcasting SLU toKnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Todd; I thought toKnight's Cornell game is still at 7 PM. Time Warner will broadcast tomorrow's Colgate game at 3 PM, no? I believe they are braodcasting SLU toKnight.
                  I was refering to the Colgate game. (I should never post before I've had my coffee....)

Comment

Just thought I'd let people know one minor change to my blog: capsnotes.blogspot.com , I am now posting the 5 key points to games before the game starts, starting with tonight's game at Cornell.

Comment

Cornell 4 Clarkson 1, Cornell 3 Clarkson 2 (women)

Not a good Knight at all. Both the men and women lose.

The Good
                      Goal Scorer was John Marshall.

The Not So Good
                      The women lose on just an awful give away to a Cornell player right in front in the 3rd period.
                      The men, well when it snows it's a blizzard.

Both teams play Colgate tomorrow.
                      Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Add to the not so good that Paquet was hurt again in the third period. Roll is hoping it's not too serious, just a tweak, but he is doubtful for tomorrow.

Comment

NOT ENOUGH PUCKS in THE NET! = NO WINS!, it doesn't matter what else we do, so deflating....AAAAHHHHGGGGG! Tomorrow Knight is the dreaded "Colgate Trap".

Comment

No wins in eight games, one in the last 13. This is certainly a difficult time to be a Clarkson fan.

Comment

It's a sad day in Potsdam when opposing teams start licking their chops knowing that they get to play Clarkson.

Sorry folks but I expected more from this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X