15 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years!

15 years and 15 days ago, on 1 May 2001, wanting to allow Clarkson & college hockey fans to communicate freely without having to mortgage their personal information to Yahoo, I established a web hosting account, and installed new forum software. I did this with Pete McLean's concurrence (since he established the Yahoo Roundtable), and the results have absolutely fantastic, even if a bit rocky at some points. I owe its success not only to all of you, but also to Clarkson, my education therefrom, Pete McLean and Rick O'Donnell, and particularly Prof. Dennis Horn, who got me started on a fantastic career in Web application -- and eventually, mobile app -- programming.

For all of that, I am VERY deeply and eternally grateful. All of you, whether you actively participate or just lurk, are what make this endeavor worth it, and I promise that as long as I'm able to do so, I'll keep this going.

Having said that, I'll say this: LET'S GO TECH!

-Scott F. Comstock '00
    Clarkson '00 (MIS) * WCKN * letsgotech.com

Originally posted by scottcomstock View Post
    15 years and 15 days ago, on 1 May 2001, wanting to allow Clarkson & college hockey fans to communicate freely without having to mortgage their personal information to Yahoo, I established a web hosting account, and installed new forum software. I did this with Pete McLean's concurrence (since he established the Yahoo Roundtable), and the results have absolutely fantastic, even if a bit rocky at some points. I owe its success not only to all of you, but also to Clarkson, my education therefrom, Pete McLean and Rick O'Donnell, and particularly Prof. Dennis Horn, who got me started on a fantastic career in Web application -- and eventually, mobile app -- programming.

For all of that, I am VERY deeply and eternally grateful. All of you, whether you actively participate or just lurk, are what make this endeavor worth it, and I promise that as long as I'm able to do so, I'll keep this going.

Having said that, I'll say this: LET'S GO TECH!

-Scott F. Comstock '00
    Thanks to you Scott with all you do. Please email me and let me know how I can make a contribution to help maintain the forum.

Vic Brzozowski
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Thanks for all you do Scott. Agree, disagree, argue, or fight, we are all here with one common passion and it's great to be able to remain connected to our fellow fans here.

Dan

Comment

How time flys, I can't believe you have been doing this for 15 years Scott, (but then I can't believe that this year starts my 58th year of following Clarkson hockey). You have provided a great forum for all of us hockey loving Clarkson grads to follow the ups and downs of the Golden Knights, and especially to watch the development of our hockey players over the 4 years they are at Clarkson. I will support your effort in continuing.

Comment

Working...
        X