No announcement yet.

Clarkson 2017-2018 Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Wisconsin losing yesterday, the PWR has a 1st time #1!!

St. Anselm.

No, I'm not kidding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      With Wisconsin losing yesterday, the PWR has a 1st time #1!!

St. Anselm.

No, I'm not kidding.

That's the PWR for the Men. Clarkson Women are ranked # 5. When's the last time both teams were in the Top 5?

Comment

• RPI vs PWR

St Anselm is # 1 on the Women's RPI (Ratings percentage index ) not the PWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          With Wisconsin losing yesterday, the PWR has a 1st time #1!!

St. Anselm.

No, I'm not kidding.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wom...key-tournament

and Yes...That should be RPI..not PWR.

Comment

• Women have a very busy schedule. 5 games in the next 9 days, Thurs/ Sat home and away with SLU, Tues @ Syracuse, Fri @ Union and Sat @ RPI.
            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• I can tell you the reason why Clarkson won tonight's game and it rhymes with Kielly. Shea had a night tonight where, even though the stat sheet was not mind-blowing (26 saves on 27 shots), she reminded me why she should be considered very strongly as an All-American. Clarkson was very sloppy through the first two periods, only looking like the better team for about 10 minutes in the first. I wondered if playing a game on Thursday instead of Friday would make a difference for Clarkson. It really didn't in the quality of play, if anything they looked worse, but this time they got timely stops in net through the first two periods before finally executing when they needed to in the third. They beat a ranked team when not at their best, which definitely has shades of last year. For example, in this year's equivalent game last year, they looked out of sorts but still scored an EAG to earn a tie against #3 SLU that ultimately changed the season. Speaking of EAGs, SLU has taken a liking to practicing extra attacker play over the past few years and has been known to pull the goalie with eight minutes left when down by multiple goals (or, comically, pulled the goalie when down by five in the second period a couple of years ago). This was the first time Clarkson was forced to shepherd a one-goal lead to the buzzer in such a situation against the Saints since SLU began doing so, and, suffice to say, the Golden Knights succeeded. SLU remains without a win at Cheel since game 2 of the 2010 ECAC Quarterfinals. I've rambled for long enough now. Clarkson has tomorrow off before going for the season sweep at Appleton on Saturday. Until then…Let's Go Tech!

Comment

• Did not get to watch toknights game. 7 penalties UGH. TGFT (Thank God For Tiley). Hope for the sweep Saturday.
                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  Did not get to watch toknights game. 7 penalties UGH. TGFT (Thank God For Tiley). Hope for the sweep Saturday.
                  I forgot to mention the penalties in my post. More specifically that Clarkson was again 3-on-5 for over a minute and also spent much of the second period on the kill. Difference was that they killed all of the penalties tonight. Also, McGill got walloped in the final 10 seconds (no call against SLU) and only managed to stumble back to the bench before the game ended. Hope she's okay.

Comment

• After 2 Periods

After looking poor for most of period 2 Tech got 2 quick ( 75 seconds apart) goals and lead 2-1.

Comment

• SLU Game

With an empty net goal Tech wins 4-1

Comment

• Clarkson 4 SLU 1

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

After falling behind 1-0 the Knights get 4 including 1 EN to Sweep the Saints.

THE GOOD
                        Top line each gets a goal, Gabel, Pezjlova and Giguere (EN)
                        Pozzebon with the PP goal.
                        Tiley stops 24 of 25
                        1 for 3 on the pp
                        Only 3 penalties taken

THE NOT SO GOOD
                        Period 2
                        Vicb

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

After falling behind 1-0 the Knights get 4 including 1 EN to Sweep the Saints.

THE GOOD
                          Top line each gets a goal, Gabel, Pezjlova and Giguere (EN)
                          Pozzebon with the PP goal.
                          Tiley stops 24 of 25
                          1 for 3 on the pp
                          Only 3 penalties taken

THE NOT SO GOOD
                          Period 2
                          Who ever wrote the game summary for this game on the Clarkson web site did not see the same game I was watching. They got the play by play of the first and second Clarkson goals switched.

At 17:50, the Knights' leading scorer, junior Loren Gabel (Kitchener, ONT) tied the game with a rising wrist shot from the right circle for her 13th goal of the season and 97th career point (53-44). Senior defenseman Savannah Harmon (Downers Grove, IL) also collected her 97th career point (25-72) with the assist.

Sophomore Michaela Pejzlova (Pardubice, Czech Rep.) connected for the game-winner at 19:09 when she found a rebound in front for her 13th goal of the season and ninth goal in the past nine games. Freshman Elizabeth Giguere (Quebec City, QUE) picked up the assist.
                          Vicb

Comment

Who ever wrote the game summary for this game on the Clarkson web site did not see the same game I was watching. They got the play by play of the first and second Clarkson goals switched.

At 17:50, the Knights' leading scorer, junior Loren Gabel (Kitchener, ONT) tied the game with a rising wrist shot from the right circle for her 13th goal of the season and 97th career point (53-44). Senior defenseman Savannah Harmon (Downers Grove, IL) also collected her 97th career point (25-72) with the assist.

Sophomore Michaela Pejzlova (Pardubice, Czech Rep.) connected for the game-winner at 19:09 when she found a rebound in front for her 13th goal of the season and ninth goal in the past nine games. Freshman Elizabeth Giguere (Quebec City, QUE) picked up the assist.
                            It's fixed now.

Comment

• Decided to wait to see how today's games would shake out before doing this post. Colgate split on the weekend with Cornell while BU managed to grab a tie from BC. Not sure if that will bounce Clarkson up in the rankings, but gains have still been made. They've also moved into a three-way tie for first in the ECAC standings with Cornell and Colgate. Now for today's game. Clarkson definitely looked better today than they did on Thursday, but that's not surprising considering Clarkson has only lost one Saturday game since November 2015 (and that loss came last year to #1 Wisconsin). The Golden Knights did not have a perfect performance, but when all was said and done they were clearly the better team. After a scoreless first period where Clarkson was definitely better, SLU once again seized the control of the second period. They had a couple PPs and converted one of them. Clarkson found some creases late in the period though, and scored twice late to take the lead. Each team had chances in the third, but Clarkson had more a better chances, ultimately scoring a PP goal of their own before scoring a rare ENG against SLU to salt the game away. The ENG was rare in two ways, firstly that it's hard to get them against SLU even when the Saints spend the last 5 minutes of the game with no goalie, and secondly that it was the first Clarkson had potted this year. Personally, I'm okay with the fact that the second period played out the way it did today. True, I'd like to see Clarkson win every game 10–0, but SLU is a good team, even if Clarkson has dominated them as of late, and they will get their licks in. Speaking of Clarkson dominating SLU, the last six seasons have really been kind to Clarkson against their rivals. The teams have played four times each of those seasons and Clarkson has gone 18–3–3 in that span, winning three games in five of the seasons, and all four in 2013–14 and this season. Tiley has been especially impressive in her four years, going 11–2–3 (with the first loss only coming because she got thrown in down 3–1 and Clarkson rallied to tie before SLU scored a late winner). There will be no rest for the weary at Clarkson though, as they travel to play the away game of their annual home-and-home with Syracuse. The Orange can be a pesky team, they tied last year's game in Syracuse, but Clarkson is better and should win. Until then…Let's Go Tech!

Comment

• After 1 Period

Tech started slowly and then BANG BANG BANG Tech up 3-0

Comment

Working...
                                X