Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlights complete with depressed Lil Red commentary

https://youtu.be/uOOA93GS8GM
    Last edited by keener83; 11-19-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Comments

Notice on the video that coach Shaffer gives credit to Clarkson for playing the way they did but the Cornell players say it was their bad play not Tech's good play that was the cause for their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
        Notice on the video that coach Shaffer gives credit to Clarkson for playing the way they did but the Cornell players say it was their bad play not Tech's good play that was the cause for their loss.
        I"m sure that's a product of coaching in the locker room vs. coaching in the public domain. You need to focus your team on the things that they can change or control, not on the fact that they just got outplayed by a better team for 50 minutes. So you tell them hey, you can beat these guys, this is what you're doing wrong. The players view it that way, and regurgitate it when asked. The coach, on the other hand, realizes you can't say that kind of stuff to the press, and doesn't.

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching the Golden Knights beat Colgate on Friday night.

Even better, I took my son to watch it.

Comment

It is amazing how lines can develop when they play & practice together week in and week out. Perhaps Casey read those pleas from years past, but he finally has left the mumbo-jumbo every week a different line mate shake-up in the past, and the improvement last year, and now this year, is confirmed. You also are not seeing three players buried in one corner behind the goal line as much. Yes, injuries haven't been there this year, and we can hope that they don't come, but one injury shouldn't affect three lines (as we saw in past years).

Many of the freshman and sophomore's know to go to the net and look for passes & rebounds...something that many of the players who we graduated were not as well versed at. Their play is infectious and the entire team is playing more like them and much closer to what I've called "swarm hockey" in past posts.

To modify the quote of Ken Dryden's during the 1980 US vs. Russia game, "Well, for the Clarkson team, it is really discovery time. It is one thing to be young and promising, and it is quite another to be good."

Prove that you are more than good and crush RPI and any Hockey East opponent in Ireland. Then, the western teams, and coaches, will have to give you the respect that you have earned and deserved.

As for keener83's comment on "Safety School", which of the two colleges has total covering around and over their pedestrian bridges?

Comment

Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post

Prove that you are more than good and crush RPI and any Hockey East opponent in Ireland. Then, the western teams, and coaches, will have to give you the respect that you have earned and deserved.
              They are getting plenty of respect nationwide. They'll likely be #6 in the country this week; I call that respect. They are also on the cover page of uscho today. Besides, I wouldn't really be worried about respect. I'd be perfectly fine if they walked into St. Paul and everyone expected Denver to crush them and they do just what our ladies did in Hamden in 2014.

Although this weekend isn't a hugely important weekend (yeah, a conference game, but whatever), I'm really interested to see how the boys play in an unfamiliar role. They are going to be the favorites in Belfast and it isn't a stretch to call them heavy favorites. I'd like to see them put in the effort that they should and come out with 2 easy wins.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                They are getting plenty of respect nationwide. They'll likely be #6 in the country this week; I call that respect. They are also on the cover page of uscho today. Besides, I wouldn't really be worried about respect. I'd be perfectly fine if they walked into St. Paul and everyone expected Denver to crush them and they do just what our ladies did in Hamden in 2014.
                Although this weekend isn't a hugely important weekend (yeah, a conference game, but whatever)
                The RPI game is not a conference game. I agree with Remember Walker - hopefully Jones does not mess with the lines or give Latinovich any time.

Ironic that Dalpe is shown on the USCHO.com cover today, given he didn't play Saturday. Hope he is ok, but I was impressed with Cooper.

Josh Dickinson has 22 blocked shots YTD. I'd be surprised if any other forward is close, but I have no idea where to look it up

Comment

Originally posted by keener83 View Post
                  The RPI game is not a conference game. I agree with Remember Walker - hopefully Jones does not mess with the lines or give Latinovich any time.

Ironic that Dalpe is shown on the USCHO.com cover today, given he didn't play Saturday. Hope he is ok, but I was impressed with Cooper.

Josh Dickinson has 22 blocked shots YTD. I'd be surprised if any other forward is close, but I have no idea where to look it up
                  I just realized last night that the RPI game wasn't a conference game. In the past, the Friday game was a conference game but I guess they switched that up this year. Glad that we aren't losing a home gate for this team that is clearly the most exciting in years.

Comment

Working...
                  X