Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update

Comment

According to USCHO, the trip to Penn State is 10/11 & 10/12, which is a Thursday/Friday (they have a football game Saturday, so likely don't want multiple games Saturday). They also list a Canisius home/away, and are saying that Minnesota isn't coming - so there's two games left to schedule.

Comment

Maybe the spreadsheet was updated or corrected but it has both Minnesota and Wisconsin coming for games vs. Clarkson and SLU (no dates yet). No dates for the two league games vs. SLU yet either, or the home and home vs. Canisius. That leaves one mystery opponent left to schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by dave techer View Post
          Maybe the spreadsheet was updated or corrected but it has both Minnesota and Wisconsin coming for games vs. Clarkson and SLU (no dates yet). No dates for the two league games vs. SLU yet either, or the home and home vs. Canisius. That leaves one mystery opponent left to schedule.
          Minnesota has backed out I think - http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...13177&start=75

From that thread Vegoe stated "I heard a rumor that Minnesota pulled out of its agreement with Clarkson/St. Lawrence--so two more open games for next year."

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Minnesota has backed out I think - http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...13177&start=75

From that thread Vegoe stated "I heard a rumor that Minnesota pulled out of its agreement with Clarkson/St. Lawrence--so two more open games for next year."
            But that's all based on techtodover's(?) post. Nobody has collaborated.
            CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

But that's all based on techtodover's(?) post. Nobody has collaborated.
              Vegoe is someone that has been around covering the Gophers program for awhile, I doubt he would use that post as a credible rumor source but I guess that's possible, I was taking it as he had some info from one of his contacts that would be in the know.

Comment

At Penn State for 2 has been confirmed through their schedule release, October 11th and 12th. Wisconsin also released theirs and they will be headed up to play both North Country teams the following weekend on October 19th and 20th, they will be at Clarkson on Friday the 19th. Tough first two weeks regardless of the Saturday opponent with the Wisconsin weekend. Add Michigan Tech at home for 2 who are returning some really good players and adding a lot of good young players, they'll probably be a tourney team once again, our tough non conference is what got us into the tournament this past season and I think it could once again.

On a side note I see Ludvig Larsson will be transferring to Penn St. from Merrimack and will be a grad transfer so he will be eligible right away, they lost Andrew Sturtz early but they were extremely young last season, they will lose a few crucial defensemen but a lot of smaller skilled players return that showed glimpses during their visit to Potsdam like Berger, Biro, Smirnov, Sucese, along with former Clarkson commit Liam Folkes. We got a shot at them early last season and was one of the main factors on why we were in the field, besides us they will play Niagara at home for 2, Princeton at home for 1 and then neutral site game with Princeton later on, Arizona State at home for 2, home and home with Robert Morris, that's a cupcake schedule besides us and Princeton, they'll be extremely hungry against a team that made the tournament last season and looks to have the pieces for another promising run.

Comment

Gophers schedule out and they reneged on their trip to the North Country. But, get this, they got SLU in their barn for 2.

Guess the 2 and 2 contract turned into a 2 for 1 unless come East next year for one game each.
                  CCT '77 & '78

Comment

And Minnesota was open on their schedule that weekend (Oct 19 and 20). Instead they scheduled an exhibition game at home against Trinity Western for Saturday Oct 20. Hope the Gopher State is sending a big fat check to both Clarkson and SLU.

Comment

Holy Cross is the other team that will replace Minnesota, according to what Cap is hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                        Holy Cross is the other team that will replace Minnesota, according to what Cap is hearing.
                        SLU posted their schedule yesterday, and they show Holy Cross on the 19th so it appears that what Cap is hearing is indeed correct. SLU is also hosting Mercyhurst for 1 game 11/10, perhaps we're hosting them on the 9th.

Comment

Weird to get all 3 SLU games out of the way so quickly, with not much Hockey East on the schedule I wouldn't be shocked to see it be UNH or UVM or someone like that fill in a few of the remaining unknowns. A probable top 10 team @ Penn State for 2, Wisconsin who is probably a bubble team but the B1G conference is loaded so they won't be a bad pairwise team regardless, Michigan Tech for 2 at Cheel, they return plenty and in the recent past they're usually at the top of the newly formed WCHA, if they have a better non-conference resume this year then they'll be a good pairwise team as well. The way the Arizona Tournament sets up we are going to be either playing a highly ranked Minnesota-Duluth or a highly ranked Minnesota State at least once, potentially getting a shot at both of them. You add the possible H/H with Canisius, SLU up in LP, Holy Cross then that's a really strong schedule that could either build a lot of momentum or kill it.

Those challenges right there are extremely difficult and hopefully it helps us later on in the season just like this past season. I believe a split at PSU would be great, sweeping Wisconsin/Holy Cross should be possible and the goal IMO, Michigan Tech will be tough, from watching them play at the regional and seeing some of their returning guys a split would be fine by me, they play an exciting brand of hockey, I'd say the 2 AH teams in Canisius and Holy Cross along with the SLU game in Placid we need to at least go 3-1 in those games, if we are as good as projected then sweeping them shouldn't be too tough. Going 8-3 in those 11 NC games that have been either confirmed or rumored would be a huge win, with the only loses being to Penn St. once, Michigan Tech once, one game at the Arizona tournament although Clarkson has been very good with these mid-season tournaments as of late, I could also seeing PSU getting a redemption sweep with it being so early in the season and they'll have an extremely seasoned team, I could also seeing us take 2 from Michigan Tech at home, that's a tough trip to make.

Comment

I would expect the official schedule to come out this week or the next? When do we announce the incoming class?
                            2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

I have some evidence that the women's schedule will not be released for another month or so. I inquired with Belfast about tickets for the games there, and they said those games dates won't be finalized until about mid-July. I'm guessing that Clarkson will not release their schedule until every game is set.

Comment

Just checked the Family Weekend page, and Wisconsin and Holy Cross are confirmed for the men and St. Lawrence+banner raising is listed for the women as being on Friday (weekend is 10/19–10/20). I already checked, and hotels in Potsdam are sold out that weekend, meaning that, once again, those of us who live far away will not be making it. I know having people already on campus draws a big crowd, but it would be nice if they could do something to help diehards like those of us on this forum to ensure we would have a place to stay for the event.

Comment

Working...
                                X