No announcement yet.

2021 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trey Taylor of the Vernon Vipers in the BCHL committed tonight, left handed defenseman 6'2 around 175, 5 goals and 8 assists so far in his 2nd season with Vernon. Recently ranked 189 for NA skaters by CSS.

Comment

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/sp...rospects-game/

Comment

I don't know when you are expecting Martino. There are posts about him both here and in the 2020 thread. I will post this link to a very short twitter video here.

Comment

Hope everything is as well as it can be with all on the forum, with all the uncertainties with the upcoming season there isn't that much to be said but I have some time today and I just have been thinking about while we have top end recruits, there aren't that many with only Bruich, Giguere, Gillespie, Grannis, Martino, Richardson, Rose, Taylor committed for the future. Now all 8 of those all have the ability to be impactful college players but their development is long from over, Grannis is the only one that will actually age out of juniors and I think he has more of an impact his upperclassmen years, Bruich/Grannis will have an increased role in Maryland/Bismarck of the NAHL so it will be telling. Gillespie seems to be staying in Brockville and probably comes in for 2022-2023 where Bruich and Rose, maybe even Giguere join them. With Giguere he had a really good year at Sam Vigneaults old school but has yet to play junior hockey, he was drafted by Omaha of the USHL in the 12th round but I'd assume he stays in Canada to start his junior hockey career with the border shutdown. Trey Taylor has a big year with Vernon, he was on the draft radar but didn't get selected this past week, I'd assume he comes in for McCarthy and that's all that really needs to be done for defense unless they want to add depth but the 8 of Power/Underwood, McFaul/Pasanen, Hurley/Beck, Trey Taylor/Kaelan Taylor should be a very strong unit. Ayrton Martino is on the 1st line in Chilliwack in the BCHL and should continue to produce offensively in that league and then come in with Grannis and Taylor so far. Richardson I think was going to join Fargo but who knows now.

So that means we are looking good at defense, goalie probably just need a 3rd string because Haider and Muccitelli will be a strong 1-2 as sophomores but will one want to just sit behind the other? Forward we are definitely losing Cooper, Jacome, MacLean, Tsekos, and then of course probably Dunne. I'm sure the staff have their targets but we will need some good centers to takeover with losing both Dunne/Tsekos in the same year, it should be an easy pitch because the other pieces around are really nice. But when you lose that much leadership and 3 top 6 players it's never easy to replace them. Martino and Grannis both are wingers, Gosselin will fill in one role, Callin and Campoli both have played Center at times for us, Silye projects to be a center but I wouldn't say a top 6. Just thinking to myself you look at Alex Campbell, Martino on the left and Romano and Mobley on the right that's a pretty nice set of wingers. I'm sure there will be a senior that steps up and exceeds expectations but I don't know if I see anyone else other then an impact freshman filling those center holes, I think Callin, Campoli, Collins, Klack, Richardson, Silye create our typical great bottom 6 that grinds on teams and is fast yet gritty and tough to play against. I think the transfer market could be an option there for a top 6 center getting PP, but for immediate eligibility it'd have to be a grad transfer. The Costantini kid I mentioned a bit ago somewhere ended up going to play out in Penticton but decided on North Dakota, he would've been that impact freshman and was a 5th rounder to Buffalo this past week. There are always other options and the staff hits a lot more then the don't, especially recently. Let's Go Tech and everyone stay safe.
          Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 10-12-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

NCAA ruled that this current group of seniors will have an extra year of eligibility if they’d like. It’ll be interesting to see who takes advantage because while we’d probably still lose Dunne/McCarthy, Jacome and Tsekos might be inclined to stay for another year of schooling which is beneficial for both sides if they see it that way. Also could mean a lot of recruits get pushed out into other years for other programs so there will be a lot of schools letting others out of their NLI.

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
              NCAA ruled that this current group of seniors will have an extra year of eligibility if they’d like. It’ll be interesting to see who takes advantage because while we’d probably still lose Dunne/McCarthy, Jacome and Tsekos might be inclined to stay for another year of schooling which is beneficial for both sides if they see it that way. Also could mean a lot of recruits get pushed out into other years for other programs so there will be a lot of schools letting others out of their NLI.
              Here is the article on this topic. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...udent-athletes

I wonder if Division 3 play ups are also allowed this luxury. I guess they are still considered Div I athletes.
              Last edited by vicb; 10-15-2020, 02:03 PM.
              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Working...
              X