Clarkson Men's Hockey 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
    Josh Bartell said in the Zoom presentation this afternoon that he got back from Mercyhurst late Monday morning as he had to take a player to the hospital for a game injury.

No name or injury details were mentioned.
    one thing comes to mind(and this is totally just a guess), Grant Cooper blocked a shot late in the game Saturday night and it appeared to hurt him pretty bad.

Comment

• Was in the Dartmouth arena today for my weekly covid test. There's ice down(as if for a normal season), so they must be practicing.
      TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

• Josh Dunne's injury in undisclosed, so I have no idea if he has covid or if its something else.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:

Nick Wicks, from Alaska Anchorage, has transfered to Clarkson. Sophomore scored 7 goals and 9 assists in 2019-2020 as a freshman. Will be wearing #10.

Comment

• Knights wearing new white jersey's, they look great.

Comment

• 3-3 after 1 period. Jacome, Gosselin and Cooper with the goals. Lost way too many faceoffs. Colgate had a goal called back for goalie interference.
              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Haider in the nets for Oldham in period 2.
                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• 4-4 in the second. Alex Campbell with the Clarkson goal.

Comment

• FINAL: Colgate 5 Clarkson 4 OT

Tonight was rough, defense still struggling. Haider kept Clarkson in there, but the defense kept falling behind. Goaltending needs to be better. Hopefully a rebound next Tuesday vs Niagara.
                    Last edited by LetsGoTech16; 12-23-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Really like the new stats page, many links to other pages, easy to read and understand

Merry Christmas to one and all

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                        FINAL: Colgate 5 Clarkson 4 OT

Tonight was rough, defense still struggling. Haider kept Clarkson in there, but the defense kept falling behind. Goaltending needs to be better. Hopefully a rebound next Tuesday vs Niagara.
                        This loss, like every loss this year, is not solely on the shoulders of the players but on the style of hockey that they are being told to play by. We barely beat Mercyhurst in game 1 with that losing "dump and change" style, but the second night, destroyed them by attacking into the offensive zone and setting plays up. All we tended to do against Colgate was dump and chase and hope to create mistakes, but when mistakes do not happen & 'gate gets to break out, that puts odd-man rushes and their attacking into the zone style in their favor. It also tires our defense out more. Then, once the team is tired, they tie up down in our D-zone, and when CU finally got a out of their d-zone, all we could do is get to the red line, dump the puck and everyone changes (no forechecking follower - big mistake at D-I level), which allowed 'gate to have an easier time to break-out and repeat the entire process. This is playing down to the opposing teams level. Possession is the name of the game in all team sports and we give up the puck freely way too many times with the coaching style so far this year. The goals are not Oldham's fault, and he has played far superior to most of CU's goalies over the past 10 years making so many big saves so far. We have the talent to bring the puck over and set up for quality shots the majority of time (like RIT, Niagara, Colgate and Mercyhurst have all done to us), but for some bench standing reason, we do not. Can someone make a call to Matt Curly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post

This loss, like every loss this year, is not solely on the shoulders of the players but on the style of hockey that they are being told to play by. We barely beat Mercyhurst in game 1 with that losing "dump and change" style, but the second night, destroyed them by attacking into the offensive zone and setting plays up. All we tended to do against Colgate was dump and chase and hope to create mistakes, but when mistakes do not happen & 'gate gets to break out, that puts odd-man rushes and their attacking into the zone style in their favor. It also tires our defense out more. Then, once the team is tired, they tie up down in our D-zone, and when CU finally got a out of their d-zone, all we could do is get to the red line, dump the puck and everyone changes (no forechecking follower - big mistake at D-I level), which allowed 'gate to have an easier time to break-out and repeat the entire process. This is playing down to the opposing teams level. Possession is the name of the game in all team sports and we give up the puck freely way too many times with the coaching style so far this year. The goals are not Oldham's fault, and he has played far superior to most of CU's goalies over the past 10 years making so many big saves so far. We have the talent to bring the puck over and set up for quality shots the majority of time (like RIT, Niagara, Colgate and Mercyhurst have all done to us), but for some bench standing reason, we do not. Can someone make a call to Matt Curly?
                          I agree. We need Dunne in the lineup. Wicks should be a strong sophomore at center. League games coming up soon, so hopefully the ECAC regular season is strong.

Comment

• Dunne & Wicks are in the lineup tonight. I will post a lineup sheet when I can get one.

Comment

• Jacome, Dunne, Romano up front. McFaul, McCarthy on D, Haider starts in net.
                              Last edited by LetsGoTech16; 12-29-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Knights go on power-play few minutes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X