No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good win for the Knights at Appleton. We're still having trouble with the crispness and quickness of our passes and we're coughing up the puck with little pressure way too often, but having watched a number of college games, that seems to be the case throughout the country so far. Maybe some of it can be attributed to rust.

Our defense needs to improve significantly. I don't know if McCarthy is hurt but he looks nothing like the guy we saw last year. The freshmen are making freshman mistakes and that's expected, but McCarthy, Hurley, and Underwood really have to do better all-around.

As far as the forwards are concerned, I don't mean this as a joke, but we may actually have the deepest talent in the nation on offense. Some of it isn't clicking yet and we're running out of time quickly to make it work, but Dunne's absence didn't help. There aren't any Hobey contenders on our front lines but rolling 4 lines with scoring capability is something even Minnesota and BC can't do. If they can put it all together and just get a little more crisp, I think they'll be fine.

Goaltending has been ok so far. I think Haider is a keeper. We may have quickly forgotten how just about every freshman that comes into the NCAA has a learning curve with Marotte coming in as a transfer and Oldham too. Haider, in my opinion, can develop into a talent along the same level as Keilly.

Regular reps in the ECAC are bound to improve all of the teams but I think we have the talent to make it matter. With that said, Brekke is doing a great job over in Canton. The Rt 11 rivalry is about to get tough again.

Comment

• Great post, and totally agree. I am more excited about our scoring depth and the general upside than...well, I can't remember when. Some youthful periods that haven't been great, but I am enjoying watching these games despite somewhat expecting the outings are so up and down. I think we have gotten used to crazy good tending in recent years, so we need to give that some time as well. Keep up the hard work Knights!

Comment

• Originally posted by 33freeheel View Post
        Great post, and totally agree. I am more excited about our scoring depth and the general upside than...well, I can't remember when. Some youthful periods that haven't been great, but I am enjoying watching these games despite somewhat expecting the outings are so up and down. I think we have gotten used to crazy good tending in recent years, so we need to give that some time as well. Keep up the hard work Knights!
        Not just crazy good goaltending but crazy reliable defensive discipline, which we are now lacking compared to the last 3 years. In the previous few years, a lead of any kind in the 3rd period was pretty much going to result in a win, in fact the record when leading after 2 periods was ridiculous, pretty much guaranteed. This year we have blown more leads already then I think I’ve seen in the last 2 full seasons combined. Youthfulness surely has played its roll in the goaltending and defensive departments as you mentioned, but as was mentioned above by FK, McCarthy has seemed to take a huge step backwards, Hurley isn’t playing up to his potential, and Underwood (imho) is just bad, turnover machine. Terribly irresponsible in our defensive zone. Hopefully Pasanen can come in and help out. We ooze with scoring ability, although they’ve seemed puzzled the last few games. Tons of upside for this team, the future seems bright. The could haves, should haves, would haves.. those blown 3rd period leads against Gate and SLU at Cheel, hold onto those and were sitting in 1st place looking quite nice.

Comment

• For all you guys who are jumping on the cufrozen4 bandwagon of bashing our defensemen with the eyetest,
          please be advised that of the 50 goalies who have played a D1 college game this year our goalies are 38th and 32nd.
          I know, I know chicken and the egg argument. When you combine that with an inability to finish in clutch situations we are going to lose some games.

Comment

• There’s no bandwagon, they aren’t playing up to the level they should and haven’t progressed. This summer was probably the most difficult of their lives in terms of preparation. I’ve watched every second of every game for quite some time, individuals are not playing to the levels they’ve shown in the past, I have no clue why that is. That doesn’t mean Hurley, McCarthy, or Underwood are bad players nor do I think they are, but IMO they are playing bad certain games and our team is extremely bad with zone exits/zone entries which is on all 5 guys on the ice and the staff for that matter.

Comment

• Will this be the weekend when Pasanen finally plays ?

Comment

• 1 to 1 after 2 Tech is going toe to toe with "Q"

Comment

• Bobcats win shootout. Again, Clarkson seems to not be able to score in a shootout. Haider did so well all game, he is my best Clarkson player of the night. I found it embarrasing that Clarkson never really even tried to score, other than Tsekos scoring the shootout. The losing continues. Clarkson vs Qpac again tomorrow at 4.

Comment

• End of 2: Quinny 1 Clarkson 0

God does the CCT Powerless Play su_k. Had a 5 Min PP. Spent the first 1:31 trying to get the puck in the Quinny end then Mobley takes a 2 min penalty and then we spend the last 1:30 trying to no avail to get the puck into the Quinny zone. Just awful..
                    Last edited by vicb; 01-23-2021, 06:13 PM.
                    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• CCT pulls the goalie and Gosselin scores with 40 sec left in OT to tie it at 1-1. It's on to OT. 3 on 3 UGH.
                      Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Gosselin ties it with about 40 seconds to go, going to OT 1-1

Comment

• Going to a shootout from Cheel.

Comment

• Going to the shootout once again. UGH.
                            Vicb

Comment

• Going to a shootout ZERO for 5 on the pp tonight and now 3 for 38 in ECAC How can so much talent do so little ?

Comment

• Finally a shoot out win for Tech

Comment

Working...
                                X