No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the Tech website hockey team stats including 2/4/21 game Tech had 0 PP goals in 11 games this season.

Comment

• Well I know that they had at least 2 in the last Q game

Comment

• In 19 games this season Tech has scored 12 PP goals as follows: 5 games with 1, 2 games with 2, 1 game with 3 and 11 games with zero

Comment

• We outplayed them all game in every area except the most important one...the scoreboard.

Comment

• Hoping one of you folks can clear up my confusion on how points are awarded for games this year. I think this is how it works but would like confirmation:
            1. Game won in regulation 3 points winner, 0 pts loser
            2. Game tied at end of regulation with winner in 3 on 3 sudden death overtime: 2 points winner, 1 point loser
            3. Game tied at end of 3 on 3 game goes to shootout. Each team gets 3 tries, then sudden death in shootout: 2 points winner, 1 point loser for league standings but overall record calls it a tie. Does each team get 1 1/2 points then?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

• It's simpler than that. Games are each worth three points...and the system is a lot less broken than the NHL's.

Win in regulation or OT, get three points.
              If after the 3v3 OT the game is tied, each team gets one point, and the shootout is played for the extra point.
              Lose in regulation or OT, get nothing.

For the sake of official NCAA records, games that end in a tie after OT get recorded as a tie. The shootout is solely to determine the extra point.

The ECAC's website actually is incorrect- Clarkson has 18 points, not 19, with a record of 4-4-4-2 (4 wins, 4 losses, 4 ties, 2 shootout wins)
              WCKN Executive Hockey Producer emeritus (served 2009-10)

Comment

• Per CHN:

In league play, Regulation Wins (RW) are 3 points, 3x3 Overtime/Shootout Wins (OW) are 2 points, and 3x3 Overtime/Shootout Losses (OL) are 1 point.

For overall records, overall W-L-T is shown, but Overtime Wins/Losses (OTW/OTL) will count 55/45 percent of a win, respectively, for NCAA Tournament selection purposes.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/standings.php

Comment

• ALL athletics on pause, due to the large number of positive cases on campus. Tomorrow nights game vs SLU for the womens team has been postponed. No word yet for the men's games this weekend.

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...ctivities.aspx
                  Last edited by LetsGoTech16; 02-09-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                    ALL athletics on pause, due to the large number of positive cases on campus. Tomorrow nights game vs SLU for the womens team has been postponed. No word yet for the men's games this weekend.

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...ctivities.aspx
                    I would like to believe if the cases are not affecting the team and we're keeping up with the 3x per week testing protocol the NCAA has in place that we should be allowed to play this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post

I would like to believe if the cases are not affecting the team and we're keeping up with the 3x per week testing protocol the NCAA has in place that we should be allowed to play this weekend.
                      My best guess would be because they all came in from different states or even countries, and caught the virus on their way back to campus.

Also, ALL hockey games this have been POSTPONED. No further dates have been scheduled for those games. What sucks the most about that is the men's team was on the push for 1st in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post

This aged terribly.

Comment

• If any of you have free time, check out the new Clarkson Pep Band website.

https://clarksonpepband.org/

Comment

• All athletics and in person activities postponed until February 22nd. Men do not miss any games in that stretch except this weekend, Women will miss the rest of the regular season.

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...-feb-22nd.aspx

Comment

• 1 goal is all Tech could find in the last 2 games against Colgate.... and Q puts a 9 spot on em! Wowza

Comment

• Tech continues to slide in polls as other teams play and jump over them. # 15 now and # 18 in pairwise

Comment

Working...
                                X