Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2020-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SLU's team not adhering to covid protocols was completely preventable, and Clarkson should be awarded 4 wins as forfeits. It's not like the entire school was shut down or the team couldn't make it to the game due to a snowstorm. Moving on, any chance of getting ASU, or for that matter Long Island, to Potsdam for two games this coming week?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by David Techer View Post
      SLU's team not adhering to covid protocols was completely preventable, and Clarkson should be awarded 4 wins as forfeits. It's not like the entire school was shut down or the team couldn't make it to the game due to a snowstorm. Moving on, any chance of getting ASU, or for that matter Long Island, to Potsdam for two games this coming week?
      Bigger question to me is if SLUZers shut the mens team down b/c of Covid-19 protocol. But allowed the Womens team to play with Head Coach and Defenswomen missing b/c of Covid??? Makes you wonder

      Comment


      • 1st team all ECAC for Gosling and Lonergan

        Comment


        • previous post should be on Woman's forum

          Comment


          • A surprising piece of news: apparently the men's season is over.

            The Clarkson Athletics site has a brief hardly-even-post breaking the news as of 4:30 pm today (3/10)

            The 2020-2021 Golden Knights’ Hockey Seasons have concluded.

            Thank you to all Clarkson Fans for your support during COVID-19.

            We look forward to welcoming you to a new season next fall.
            The link is here: https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...concluded.aspx

            Jeeze. I hope everything is okay in Potsdam, and I hope everyone is healthy in the program. This is a totally bizarre end to the year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zekebud View Post
              A surprising piece of news: apparently the men's season is over.

              The Clarkson Athletics site has a brief hardly-even-post breaking the news as of 4:30 pm today (3/10)



              The link is here: https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...concluded.aspx

              Jeeze. I hope everything is okay in Potsdam, and I hope everyone is healthy in the program. This is a totally bizarre end to the year.
              The conspiracy theorist in me plus satire. IF slu had it. We know Wells and the Dwomen were out for protocol. slu played cu women. women come back to the hockey operations center at cheel. covid spreads thru out the ops center. therefore, its slu fault.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by zekebud View Post
                A surprising piece of news: apparently the men's season is over.

                The Clarkson Athletics site has a brief hardly-even-post breaking the news as of 4:30 pm today (3/10)



                The link is here: https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...concluded.aspx

                Jeeze. I hope everything is okay in Potsdam, and I hope everyone is healthy in the program. This is a totally bizarre end to the year.
                ECAC has re-scheduled the tournament, stating "Clarkson's season has concluded." I can not find a single reason why the season was concluded.

                Comment


                • OUCH!!!! So the season is over. Just a bummer to go thru this whole mess and then not being able to get into the post season is just unfathomable. So thanks to the team and coaches for this season. Will be interesting to see who will take advantage of the extra year from this senior class.
                  Vicb

                  Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                  If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                  Comment


                  • A "Campus Karen" probably saw one of the players walking around with his mask off his nose and reported it. Also cancelled was common sense and my ESPN+ subscription this morning. Don't nobody think that next season will be back to normal, it won't happen.

                    Comment


                    • Do you think they will ever tell us why? I know we all assume COVID and it most certainly probably is COVID, but not saying it's COVID related in the "well scripted" post on the website does leave the door open for speculation.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post
                        Do you think they will ever tell us why? I know we all assume COVID and it most certainly probably is COVID, but not saying it's COVID related in the "well scripted" post on the website does leave the door open for speculation.
                        Agreed, without mentioning COVID it makes you wonder if something else is going on

                        Checking Cap Carey's twitter seems to confirm that speculation:
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/CapCareyW...77531924275206

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by goldenbriggsy View Post

                          Agreed, without mentioning COVID it makes you wonder if something else is going on

                          Checking Cap Carey's twitter seems to confirm that speculation:
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/CapCareyW...77531924275206
                          ACCOUNTABLITY

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ndlax View Post

                            ACCOUNTABLITY
                            Amen. LGT.

                            Comment


                            • College Hockey News has a new update on the situation. A specific quote from the article:

                              But according to multiple sources, most of the members of the hockey team attended a party last weekend, in violation of the school's COVID-19 protocols.
                              Link to the College Hockey News article here: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-From-ECAC.php

                              If that's the case, it's such a disappointment. To have managed the season for this long, to be on the NCAA bubble, and then to throw it away for this? A real letdown, a setback for the program.

                              Comment


                              • Stupid Stupid Stupid. Shake my head in disgust.
                                Vicb

                                Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X