• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal (again)

Comment

• Typical 3rd period blow.

Comment

• Well I think it's very unlikely we get in. The winner of AIC/Air Force will get the 16 seed, and we currently hold #16 in pairwise, tied with BU.

Comment

• Amazing that Clarkson had no solution to Harvard's top line. That third goal of Harvard's that tied the game early in the 3rd period was probably the worst I've seen Clarkson in the defensive zone in a long time. Back-checkers, defense, goalie all panicked and failed miserably, and then a penalty to top it off on the same play. Harvard smelled blood and knew they had the game at that point.

Comment

• We can’t continue to play terrible non conference schedules when our conference is this bad. The other leagues dominate our conference out of conference and it leads to Pairwise issues. The Pairwise system in Covid times seems extremely flawed, us being punished for UNH game is just laughable. You do yourself no issues when majority of your conference is in the 40-60 range in Pairwise and couple that with 5 home games compared to 9 away games (if Canisius and Merrimack games happened) speaking of those, if we win both we are probably in the tournament discussion currently. Why can’t those games get rescheduled? Clarkson and whoever creates their schedules do them no favors whatsoever and it’s going to be worse next year. If we are going to be playing 9 road games you might as well challenge yourself with the beef of HE, not middling teams that do nothing for the bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Techer View Post
              Amazing that Clarkson had no solution to Harvard's top line. That third goal of Harvard's that tied the game early in the 3rd period was probably the worst I've seen Clarkson in the defensive zone in a long time. Back-checkers, defense, goalie all panicked and failed miserably, and then a penalty to top it off on the same play. Harvard smelled blood and knew they had the game at that point.
              THAT GOAL.......I almost threw my beer through the tv screen.
              2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Tournament hopes over, Harvard over QU in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                  We can’t continue to play terrible non conference schedules when our conference is this bad. The other leagues dominate our conference out of conference and it leads to Pairwise issues. The Pairwise system in Covid times seems extremely flawed, us being punished for UNH game is just laughable. You do yourself no issues when majority of your conference is in the 40-60 range in Pairwise and couple that with 5 home games compared to 9 away games (if Canisius and Merrimack games happened) speaking of those, if we win both we are probably in the tournament discussion currently. Why can’t those games get rescheduled? Clarkson and whoever creates their schedules do them no favors whatsoever and it’s going to be worse next year. If we are going to be playing 9 road games you might as well challenge yourself with the beef of HE, not middling teams that do nothing for the bubble.
                  This has to be one of the worst NC schedules I’ve seen this team have and we’re paying the price because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                    Tournament hopes over, Harvard over QU in OT.
                    Harvard over Qpac, there is a God.
                    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post

This has to be one of the worst NC schedules I’ve seen this team have and we’re paying the price because of it.
                      Yeah it’s worse next year, 4 games against Atlantic Hockey one home, one away, only hope is good teams are at the Wisconsin Tournament. We need to start accepting Potsdam is a pain in the ass to get to with no major airport and being so far away, accept 2 for 1s, as I said if we are planning on doing more road games then home (where we have one of the best home records in college hockey at Cheel) then we are doing it all wrong. Look at the women, their NC wasn’t great but the league is, so it’s a smartly constructed schedule this past year and easier NC wise compared to the past.
                      Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 03-20-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Well at least Harvard knocked Ohio State out of the NCAAs and not Clarkson for a second time (they knocked us out the first time on Friday night).

Definitely a down year for the Ivys with Brown, Dartmouth, Princeton, and Yale all in the dumper (Clarkson was 6-1-1 against them). One thing that might help the league is if the Ivys started playing real games before the end of October and thereby expanding their out-of-conference games to more than 6 (or maybe it's 7). They typically play 1 or 2 scrimages/exhibitions in October anyway. The rest of the world plays 12 out-of-conference games, but I think a trip to Alaska (like Clarkson had this season) doesn't count toward the 12 games. I guess the Ivys have more important things going on, like making sure that their freshmen athletes are called first-years.

Comment

Well at least Harvard knocked Ohio State out of the NCAAs and not Clarkson for a second time (they knocked us out the first time on Friday night).

Definitely a down year for the Ivys with Brown, Dartmouth, Princeton, and Yale all in the dumper (Clarkson was 6-1-1 against them). One thing that might help the league is if the Ivys started playing real games before the end of October and thereby expanding their out-of-conference games to more than 6 (or maybe it's 7). They typically play 1 or 2 scrimages/exhibitions in October anyway. The rest of the world plays 12 out-of-conference games, but I think a trip to Alaska (like Clarkson had this season) doesn't count toward the 12 games. I guess the Ivys have more important things going on, like making sure that their freshmen athletes are called first-years.
                          Or maybe Brown Dartmouth Prinny and Yale need to recruit better hockey players.
                          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Tech had a 4-2-1 record against teams in the tournament and a better winning % than 5 of the teams but loses and ties against weaker teams cost dearly.

Comment

• Does it seem strange that the committee takes attendance into account when placing teams in the regionals, but then has two games starting at noon, Western Michigan - Northeastern in Worcester, and Minnesota State - Harvard in Albany. Even the 3 p.m. games seem early, but at least that's when practice might typically start. I suppose it's the same for each team, but why is your biggest game of the year being played at a time when you've never played a game.

Comment

Does it seem strange that the committee takes attendance into account when placing teams in the regionals, but then has two games starting at noon, Western Michigan - Northeastern in Worcester, and Minnesota State - Harvard in Albany. Even the 3 p.m. games seem early, but at least that's when practice might typically start. I suppose it's the same for each team, but why is your biggest game of the year being played at a time when you've never played a game.
                                It's all TV viewership these days. The NCAA makes more money from TV deals than people in the seats. Their focus on game times is to make sure there is a gap in games so more people can watch all of the games on TV and attract better deals. It's a sad reality that the NCAA would much rather have empty stadiums and more watching from the couch.

Comment

Working...
                                X