No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K. Taylor takes a stupid 5 minute major and it's 1-1 after 2.

Comment

• It's puzzling to me how we have so many individual progression issues, these players aren't getting better or playing with any cohesion, tonight was one of the toughest games to watch in a very long time for me. I still think the recruiting has been good and the program is in fine shape but the players and the staff need to take some accountability because we've seen teams on paper that deserve an 0-4 start, this is not one yet their play makes it feel like we are headed for 0-5 tomorrow and who knows when we win first.

Noah Beck is an All-American caliber player, I think Trey Taylor is good and going to be on the Beck trajectory. Pasanen needs to be 10x better and about 100x smarter, same with K. Taylor. Sarsland looks a bit lost in his young state, Power I expected a lot more from, we really miss McFaul. I can't even go into the forwards, the passing from everyone is dreadful and the basics of the game are seemingly difficult for our group. The special teams are horrible, the goaltending is average to above average. Alex Campbell can look as dynamic as he wants, we need a lot more from him, Gosselin, Martino, Romano, these guys are expected to score and produce, they haven't been despite looking dangerous on occasion. I can't remember a team that is trying to make skilled plays yet are on the opposite page from their linemates and they continue to try and force it. This team is extremely small in the top 6, they can't win below the dots and just get it to the points and create traffic, they need to be scoring off transition, creating skilled plays whether it's individually or connecting with teammates to create a nice play, this is where the defense need to help the forwards and stop consistently passing into skates and hit someone in stride.
      Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 10-21-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• I've lost all hope in this team. I don't get it. We can't even beat an Atlantic hockey team. Costly penalties have wrecked everyone.

Comment

• Has anyone seen anything that gives them hope that this team can turn things around?

Comment

• Seems most of these players just do not keep developing here like they should.. Clarkson’s top 4 or 5 forwards should be absolutely abusing these bottom feeder teams offensively. A massive piece of Clarkson’s current and future success sailed away to Schenectady, unfortunately.

Comment

• The one play that said it all last evening is when we got their puck in their zone, MH was scrambling a bit and one of their defenseman's stick got broken....and four of the five CU players on the ice must have "timed out" and left to go change...allowing MH to get control and ice the puck. I hope that is not the players physical ability but what they've been told to do...play x number of seconds and get off the ice. Remember, the school spent millions on a new physical center so these players should be in peak strength and endurance now - right?

But I must ask, if someone who is 18 to 23 is considered in their peak of physical ability, why can't the players and staff sense that we have a huge advantage with a player missing a stick and press on the attack rather than depart? Players in the NHL frequently play 2 minutes and at a hell of a lot faster pace. Mismanagement 101 that is the tumor preventing an offense to establish itself. Simply sad.

Comment

• A ray of hope:
                The last time Tech started 0-4 was 1998-99. That team went 25-11-4, went on to win ECAC regular and tourney titles and made it to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Does anyone know what happened to McFaul? Hasn't been in the lineup yet this year.

Comment

• Looks like they've finally found their game, up 5-1 after 2. Gosselin, Callin, R. Taylor, Richardson, & Campbell with the goals.

Comment

• It was Mercyhurst

Comment

• Originally posted by Knighttime View Post
                        It was Mercyhurst
                        They weren't beating anyone with how they played in the first four, so I'll take what I can get.

Comment

• They are ranked number 53 in the USCHO college hockey pairwise with a record of 1-7-0. The only reason they aren't ranked lower is they beat us.
                          Next week we play Lake Superior State who is ranked number 55 and is 0-3-1. The only teams ranked below LS are a team new to D-1 called Stonehill and the Ivies who have not played a game. Unfortunately it looks like the whole Clarkson hockey community has the same outlook as you.
                          Time for a fresh start.

Comment

They are ranked number 53 in the USCHO college hockey pairwise with a record of 1-7-0. The only reason they aren't ranked lower is they beat us.
                            Next week we play Lake Superior State who is ranked number 55 and is 0-3-1. The only teams ranked below LS are a team new to D-1 called Stonehill and the Ivies who have not played a game. Unfortunately it looks like the whole Clarkson hockey community has the same outlook as you.
                            Time for a fresh start.
                            Coming into this weekend LSSU has played Omaha & Michigan, including exhibitons vs. US NTDP, Ni****ing, & MTU.

Comment

They are ranked number 53 in the USCHO college hockey pairwise with a record of 1-7-0. The only reason they aren't ranked lower is they beat us.
                              Time for a fresh start.
                              Let's see where it goes from here. Still time to right the ship, but this team should not be 1–4–0 at this point.

As for Stonehill, I actually have a personal connection to them as my father is in his 30th year as a professor there. It is a small, Catholic liberal arts college run by the Fathers of the Holy Cross (same order that runs Notre Dame) in the vein of Providence or Merrimack. It is located in the SW Boston suburbs. The whole athletics program jumped to D-I this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post

Coming into this weekend LSSU has played Omaha & Michigan, including exhibitons vs. US NTDP, Ni****ing, & MTU.
                                Did you self-censor, or was that the forum's doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X