Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Future Golden Knight Jacob Fowler was 1 of just 29 selected to attend the U.S National Goaltending Camp.

    Comment


    • #92
      Just a random question but has a Clarkson goaltender ever played in the NHL? I'm not coming up with one but might be missing an obvious choice.

      Comment


      • #93
        Yes

        Bruce Bullock Vancouver 1972-1977 16 games 3-9-3 record 4.79 GAA

        Don Sylvestri Boston 1984-85 3 games 0-0-2 record 3.53 GAA

        Comment


        • #94
          Thanks for the research, Bill. Bullock and Sylvestri are from ancient history. For some reason I was thinking maybe David Leggio played for Buffalo Sabres, but no dice there, and I didn't think that Jake Kielly had any games in the NHL. Those were the only two I was thinking of. Anyway, thanks for the help. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

          Comment


          • #95
            David,

            You are welcome. Sometimes it pays to be old, so you know things that happened a long time ago

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by David Techer View Post
              Thanks for the research, Bill. Bullock and Sylvestri are from ancient history. For some reason I was thinking maybe David Leggio played for Buffalo Sabres, but no dice there, and I didn't think that Jake Kielly had any games in the NHL. Those were the only two I was thinking of. Anyway, thanks for the help. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.
              I used to know Bruce for a short period time, some 5-6 years ago.

              Comment


              • #97
                For those of you keeping track of these things, former Union coach Rick Bennett is now the coach of the new Savannah Ghost Pirates team in the ECHL. Quite a drop from the NCAA championship in 2014.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by David Techer View Post
                  For those of you keeping track of these things, former Union coach Rick Bennett is now the coach of the new Savannah Ghost Pirates team in the ECHL. Quite a drop from the NCAA championship in 2014.
                  No disrespect to Rick, but that was Nate Lehman’s team that fell into his lap when he got the job. I would not expect Hauge to have the same luck next season.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                    I made a Google Spreadsheet with next season's information, you can check it out here:
                    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    Please give me ideas on stuff to add, etc.
                    Possible edit to the schedule on the spreadsheet ... the press release for new assistant coach Cory Schnieder said Clarkson opens the season October 1 with an exhibition game vs. U of Ottawa. Also there is an inauguration ceremony for the new president on Saturday morning October 15, so maybe that is a home hockey weekend? If so, October 8 weekend is probably on the road. Just a guess, no inside info.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by David Techer View Post

                      Possible edit to the schedule on the spreadsheet ... the press release for new assistant coach Cory Schnieder said Clarkson opens the season October 1 with an exhibition game vs. U of Ottawa. Also there is an inauguration ceremony for the new president on Saturday morning October 15, so maybe that is a home hockey weekend? If so, October 8 weekend is probably on the road. Just a guess, no inside info.
                      I am away until next Monday, I will update when I get back. Parents weekend will most likely be the same weekend.

                      Comment


                      • I'm not at all upset that Smilanic left QU to go to the B1G. He's a talented guy with a mean streak and honestly, I hated watching him play.

                        Comment


                        • Spreadsheet updated, as it looks like Daimon Gardner will come in 2023-24, I removed his name.
                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          Comment


                          • Hearing a rumor that Mike Towns is headed to Michigan State as an associate coach.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                              Hearing a rumor that Mike Towns is headed to Michigan State as an associate coach.
                              the rumor that Towns is leaving is true.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                                Hearing a rumor that Mike Towns is headed to Michigan State as an associate coach.
                                Its not a rumor... https://msuspartans.com/news/2022/6/...key-staff.aspx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X