No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you all can help me with this, but are the assistant coaches the ones who do all the recruiting for the most part?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post
      Maybe you all can help me with this, but are the assistant coaches the ones who do all the recruiting for the most part?
      Yes, only so often do the head coaches go on a recruiting trip. I don't think Casey's been on very many recruiting trips since Hauge was here.

Comment

• Is it maybe time for a Clarkson alum to be an assistant coach? If not we'd have two assistants, neither knowing much about Clarkson. A recruit asks, "What's Clarkson like?" The recruiter says, "I don't know, I just got here."

Comment

• Originally posted by David Techer View Post
          Is it maybe time for a Clarkson alum to be an assistant coach? If not we'd have two assistants, neither knowing much about Clarkson. A recruit asks, "What's Clarkson like?" The recruiter says, "I don't know, I just got here."
          If we hire someone who says "I don't know, I just got here" then we hired the wrong person . We need this hire to be a home run.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post

If we hire someone who says "I don't know, I just got here" then we hired the wrong person . We need this hire to be a home run.
            In addition, what did Brekke, Hauge or Towns know what Clarkson is like? Clarkson has a "script" on how to recruit and what to say. Yes, the asst coaches do the recruiting and road trips, but Casey has the final "yea or nay".
            2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by David Techer View Post
              Is it maybe time for a Clarkson alum to be an assistant coach? If not we'd have two assistants, neither knowing much about Clarkson. A recruit asks, "What's Clarkson like?" The recruiter says, "I don't know, I just got here."
              If that is your number 1 requirement then it will be an epic failure of a hire. CU needs to find and attract the best candidate possible. Not the best availabe or the best alum, the best candidate possible. Based on track record, i think the hockey group has shown success in doing that.

IMO, we need someone that knows a "region" that CU targets, Has strong relationships, Can be the next head coach. (I am not saying that Casey is leaving, but I am keeping an eye on what is happening in Ithica...Just sayin')

Comment

• We are on the road October 28th-29th at Lake Superior State, per their schedule release.
                Spreadsheet updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• Looks like Town's replacement will be a CCHA coach who looks like he coached a team to a national championship. Official word should be coming in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Well this appears to be the incoming class, and no Mucitelli replacement. And Klack will be back.
                    https://www.nny360.com/sports/colleg...9e309cd49.html
                    Last edited by LetsGoTech16; 06-15-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Updated spreadsheet with incoming class, also forgot to add Paige Hull from the women's side, which completes their incoming class.
                      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                        Looks like Town's replacement will be a CCHA coach who looks like he coached a team to a national championship. Official word should be coming in the next few weeks.
                        Jeff Jackson?
                        Frank Anzalone?
                        Red?
                        Jerry?
                        😀
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Sturm finishes with a +1 in game 2, Avalanche smash the Lightning 7-0.

Comment

• Chris Brooks from Michigan Tech will be the new assistant coach. Spent 5 seasons at Michigan Tech up until now. Was head coach at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point from 2011-2017, leading them to 3 straight NCAA D3 Frozen Fours, winning the National Championship in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                              Chris Brooks from Michigan Tech will be the new assistant coach. Spent 5 seasons at Michigan Tech up until now. Was head coach at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point from 2011-2017, leading them to 3 straight NCAA D3 Frozen Fours, winning the National Championship in 2016.
                              As an Assitant or Associate Head?

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

As an Assitant or Associate Head?
                                Looks like Assistant, Schneider will move to Associate.

Comment

Working...
                                X